Sunday, January 27, 2013

These first few days

It's been a little over a week since my home pregnancy test (in Michigan!) read positive.  The week has gone by so slowly - well, not slowly so much, as hyper consciously.  There has been no floating by in any situation.     I'm aware of my body, my feelings, the future that might be in most moments.  Without a schedule in Michigan this was even more pronounced.  The flight home, too, as I worried about being sick on our three flights, and Mike found me priority boarding passes, and I told every stranger that I sat next to that I'd try not to be sick on them (they loved me, they really did).

I met with a friend over the weekend and discovered that she is also pregnant, and that we conceived on the same day.  It's strange to compare our differing emotional states - she is elated while I'm anxious.  After telling her I felt sad, which seems so contrary, but I have to keep reminding myself that there are a lot of crazy hormones taking over right now.

The rain, especially, is really wearing me down.  And since we've turned the thermostat WAY down to try and save money I'm always cold, which isn't helping.  All I want to do is sleep, take baths, and watch TV.  Unfortunately, I have to find time to fit in full-time work, homework for two increasingly demanding classes, and something akin to maintaining my essential friendships.  This all sounds so sad!  What a downer.

Happy things?  The kitten has been extra cuddly today.  I got a 16-ounce blender and am getting to work on my leafy greens and stock of frozen fruit from the summer.  My new niece and nephew are so cute and delightful.  Mike has been so accommodating and nurturing, and I'm so thankful to have him as a partner.  We told Mike's parents the night before we left Michigan about the little Poppy Seed, and they were so excited.  They just kept saying, "we are so blessed.  So blessed."  OH!  And we've taken to calling the Other In My Body by her (its?) size last week - Poppy Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment