Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not Chaos!

Well, that's a little bit of a lie.  Chaos, kind of.  Actually.

I just got a call from the owner of a cute B&B in New Orleans where I'll be attending a conference on community foundations in September.  He was very frantic, wondering whether I was still planning to arrive tomorrow.  Tomorrow.  I had to listen to his message twice to be sure that I'd heard it correctly.

Ack!  So sorry!  Unfortunately, with the time difference I wasn't able to get a hold of him, and I hope that he hasn't lost any money because of my lack of attention.  (Boo.)

We're making progress on buying a house! 

Buying! A! House!

This all feels too grown up, and I'm still half-convinced that it will all fall through, that we'll be out $900 worth of home inspections, and that we'll just have to keep putting up with the landlord's lameness. (In the chance that it DOES all work out, however, I've spent plenty of time on Craig's List and Ikea, nailing down the details.)

********sigh*********  Time for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment